Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Triathlon Completed!!

As most of you know, I have been training for a triathlon since we came to New Zealand. The triathlon is April 19 in Christchurch. After added the costs of registration, motel, rental of bike and bike rack and the 8 hours of driving..... I decided it was too much. Instead, I decided I could to the triathlon in the gym

Today I completed my 300m swim, 10km bike (on the stationary bike) and 3km run (on the treadmill). It was not pretty, but I did it!

I now have my base time, and will do it again on April 19- but it saves our family a lot of time and money!

3 comments:

M & D said...

pretty is NOT what triathlons are about--at least I don't think that is what they are about. They are about doing and finishing and breathing in and out at the end! Congratulations!! Now sing along with us "We're proud of you, so proud of you..."

Jessica Ramey said...

You are the Champion! All I can hear is Queen signing this song and I invison you running like like Rocky or something. You totally rock!

laruefashions said...

I am proud of you too! Great job!