Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"When have I eaten shrimp?" says Dad



Dad and I love shrimp, and we always have. We have eaten shrimp together for years, and in several different places. Louisiana was a great place for shrimp, and now we have moved onto Dunedin.

After a day of sight seeing, Mom, Dad and I headed to downtown Dunedin for dinner before heading home. We were hungry. We settled on a restaurant called, The Reef, and as the name implies, it is mostly seafood.

I have to admit I first suggested the food choice, BUT Dad agreed wholeheartedly. The dinner we chose...... Shrimp for 2- 1 kilo of shrimp, chips, and loaf of garlic bread and salad. One kilo of shrimp is 2.2 pounds. That was 2.2 yummy pounds of shrimp, for my Dad and me! It was amazing.

For Dad's birthday, we ordered from The Reef. This time we ordered the 1 Kilo of Shrimp AND the Fisherman's Platter for two. The Fisherman's platter had: marinated muscles, calamari, scallops, shrimp, garlic bread, dipping sauces, and salad. A little bit of heaven!

As Dad has been supervising my posts, "When have I eaten shrimp?" was his question to my first blog post.

He has now added his two cents to this post- the fisherman's platter also had fish, and make sure I write that 6 people ate those huge platters, not just the two of us. Now Dad says that is better. He would have made a great editor.

No comments: