Friday, February 19, 2010

Scottish Bagpipes

It was a lovely day today in Dunedin, with the sun shining and the winds lightly blowing. As I was walking home from the market this morning, I came across several bagpipes groups. I soon discovered it was a bagpipe competition. I called Stas and the girls at home, and told them to meet me at the octagon (which is in middle of town).

We watched band after band of bagpipe players marching down the street and each finished in the octagon. Once they had all met in the middle, there was a short break and then they each played again and were judged.

They girls enjoyed themselves and thought it was great!

My Mom has always loved the bagpipes, so this video clip was taken for her!


1 comment:

M & D said...

Oh, my goodness! There is nothing quite as lovely as a group of bagpipes! Thank you for the little concert! I suppose a weekly competition is too much to hope for?
What a grand and glorious weekend you had!